Belle Vue Park Primary School
The school required a new library complex to meet the growing needs of the school community and to provide an enhanced learning environment for students.
SMS was engaged by the school to design, document and tender the project. Works involved the demolition of four (4) classrooms and the relocation of the school library into the allocated area.
Structural engineers were engaged to work with our staff to incorporate all necessary structural steelwork and ensure the existing classrooms adjoining the site were unaffected by the works.The services SMS provided on this project included:
• Architectural Services
• Mechanical Services
• Electrical Services
• Civil Works
• Hydraulic Services
These services incorporated:
• The safe removal of hazardous materials prior to demolition.
• Structural design of the roof and operable wall steel work.
• Design, development and management of a raise in height of the central corridor roof.
• Creation of a new courtyard entrance and canopy.
• Management of necessary installations including air conditioning, I.T. and security.
• Joinery fit-out, floor coverings and stormwater re-design.